About me

Saturday, January 7, 2012

A year of gratitude

In addition to the Five Words project, which is, apparently, the cutest blog on the block now, and no, I have no idea what that's about, I'm also starting a second project, a developmental opportunity, if you will. It's called My Year of Thank You Notes.

After Christmas when the news turned it's attention to New Year's resolutions, one of the book and writers presented caught my attention. Although I quickly turned to other matters, the 30-second spot left me thinking. This fellow had spent a year expressing gratitude, and what he said about it sounded just plain interesting. You can get a little more information, like his name and book title, at Prolog. There's also a short screen of Quick Discoveries if you're interested in the gotchas that have gotten me here in the first week.

Starting tomorrow, I'll post the background of one card each day. The lag of a week is to, I hope, make sure the cards arrive before the explanation is posted. There's something good about receiving a handwritten letter, and I want that surprise in the mail to be the person's first look.

Join me, if you will, to see where this journey leads us over the next 12 months. It ought to be interesting.

1 comment:

The Crow said...

What a great idea!