About me

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Somewhat ill-gotten brunch

Raul is out for the day, and I had to fend for myself in the kitchen. What's a poboy to do?

Find his trusty iron skillet, splash in some olive oil, and fetch out the tofu he bought two months ago. Yeah, that mess keeps a long time. He slices up said tofu and slaps it in the skillet.

OK, that's about enough with the third person.

I fetched the green tomatoes I stole fair and square from my brother's mostly frost bit garden, chopped them up, and poured them all over the tofu.
To think I grew up learning that green tomatoes were poisonous. What's next? Smooching men is OK?

Next, we need an onion, but the onion I have is huge, and that means we really need a half onion. It gets chopped up also.
Now, you're probably thinking some Texas Pete would work well about now, and you are correct. However, cheese will work even better. Shredded Mexican cheese. Think of it as practicing your Spanish.
I put the whole shebang in the oven, uncovered, at 350. Those are F degrees. That many C degrees would likely lead to a meltdown, and you know it, so don't go get all smart with me, not this morning.

After some 30 to 60 minutes, you can take it out, and then let it cool.
You could eat some now, especially if you need another visit from the cute medic who will attend to your cheese-blistered palate. However, it might be better to call your favorite writing partner to discuss the statistics presentation you'll give next year so he can point out that the conference is at the end of February, not January like you were thinking. After that 30 minute confabulation, it's time to chow down.
I'll add the Texas Pete to the leftovers.

No comments: