About me

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The old home place

During our brief tour of Charleston, we stopped by one of the city government buildings. It was probably the primary city government building, but I'm a very poor tourist, and I don't take notes. If I have a detail wrong, I must beg forgiveness, though it's not likely either of us will ever know better anyway.

Nonetheless, a part of the building is pictured here. This is just a few steps inside, directly after the security show.


What we have here is a barred window to the old jail. I asked to go inside so that I could pay homage to my many relatives who have spent long weekends and seasons here. My request was declined. The attendant didn't see the merit in it. She also didn't see the humor either. You'd think she'd heard it before.

No comments: