About me

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Green tomatoes and nuclear devices

Bro brought me four green tomatoes and 15 itty bitty nuclear devices.


I put two tomatoes on the shelf where they'll maybe ripen enough for a few sandwiches this coming week. I sliced the other two.


You probably know where we're headed, so put some corm meal in a bowl.


Now, don't go get all smart with me. You know what I mean.


That's better. Rub the tomato slices in the meal. Yes, on both sides. Drop them in the frying pan with some olive oil. We both know lard would be better, but there's no need to even go there.

Brown them lightly on both sides. Add a little salt and pepper as you choose.


While the tomatoes are browning, find some firm tofu, and slice it as you did the tomatoes. Yes, I said tofu. Just hush and do it.


Put the tofu slices in the corn meal, and brown them in the pan just like you did the tomato slices. You'll probably need to add more olive oil to the pan.


While the tofu browns, cut up a very few of the peppers. This variety redefines hot. I cut up five.


Sprinkle the pepper pieces on the browned tofu, and then put the tomato slices on top.


If I had some mozzarella cheese, I'd put slices between the tofu and tomato, or I might omit the tofu altogether, and just put the mozzarella on top of the tomato. However, I do not have any of that fancy city-folk cheese. What I have is shredded 4-cheese Mexican, which I like better.


Put the lid on the skillet, and let the low heat melt the cheese. You can work on the laundry while the cheese melts.


There were no leftovers. Sorry.

No comments: