About me

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wild and accidental

Wild pansies. Imagine that. And stop laughing.

I doubt anyone intentionally started this bed of pansies. More likely, the pansies of previous years went to seed as plants are want to do, and at some point the gardner noticed the pleasant happenstance, leaving the area undisturbed so the wildlings could thrive.

These are my favorite. Typically, pansies don't do so much for me, probably because landscapers overuse them so for temporary splashes of early color.

What I especially like here is how by leaving the space alone, the plants can revert to the residual beauty of a previous and now forgotten generation, which I find superior to any other pansy display I've seen.

We need more of leave it alone kind of beauty.


Sent from a mobile device

No comments: