About me

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Counting time

We stopped to see the sundial in Chapel Hill, the one by the Morehead Planetarium, and yes, we checked the time, adjusting for DST, and the estimate was within about 10 minutes of the cell phone time.

I proclaimed that close enough, and was promptly corrected regarding the need for more accurate measures of time. I responded with the observation that not many, except perhaps me, record time in seasons any more.

I did not mention the engineer and old soul from The Soul Of A New Machine, though it was on the tip of my tongue. The reference to ancient literature from the 80s might have gotten me the look.

It certainly does elsewhere. Instead, I stood there and savored a moment with #1 Daughter. We don't get many like that.


Sent from a mobile device

No comments: