About me

Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Moon, Your Moon: A collaborative blog for 2011

I work with many talented people, and one of them, Diana Patten, decided to collaborate with me for the next year on a series of pictures and essays developed at each of the full moons of 2011. Here is our first effort.

http://mymoonyourmoon.blogspot.com/2011/01/cold-moon-wolf-moon-cold-wolf-moon.html

She probably agreed so she could get my whining bohuncus out of her office. (I can whine with the best of them.) My motivation was to somehow initiate a turn-around of the on-going wretchedness of the past several seasons. It's been one thing after another, and while I doubt her painting and my writing will have any bearing on the greater course of human events, perhaps at the very least, my perception of forthcoming events will improve, thereby, maybe, possibly, improving my small corner of this world.

To this end, I am grateful that Diana has agreed to collaborate this year. We also have a third cohort in crime, that peep being the Sharpie-wielding Shannon Russell Persad. Next year, we plan to assemble these works in a single volume, and Shannon will then tell me about all the mispelt words that are not really my fault, what a proper margin is, and why my choice of font is sophomoric. She'll accomplish all that from atop a thunderous Harley, but that's another story for another day.

1 comment:

April said...

I don't know you Jim but I know Diana and Shannon. this is an awesome idea. I just read your first post 'cold wolf moon' and am already looking forward to the next post!