About me

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

58 years on-planet now

Yep, another birthday. Another loop about the sun. Less hair. Less money. Accumulated memories spilling over and getting muddled.

I took a long weekend to sort a little, and more, to be alone(ish) in new surroundings. You might ask why not just stay home since I already live alone, and the answer was to have fresher stimuli for a few days. That, and many bean burritos from Taco Bell.

The Hampton Inn in Wilmington (near the University) had rooms for half the usual points, and so I went there. Besides, it's less than two hours driving. AND! It left enough to stay in GSO this May when #1 graduates.

Here're my accommodations at the Hampton.



While there, I felt the call to visit Fort Fisher. Not the only place I went. Just the only place I recorded.

2 comments:

VeggieAmanda said...

Happy Birthday, Jim! I hope we don't have a follow-up video with you using the shower chair. Yikkes!

The Crow said...

I am late with my birthday wishes, but they are sincere, nonetheless.

Hip-hip-hooray! It's Jim's birthday!