About me

Friday, December 24, 2010

Remembering things in gardens

While taking a short break from work, I found myself visiting a couple of gardens. Well, two so far. Perhaps I'll be friskier when Christmas is out of the way.

First, there's the J.C. Raulston Arboretum, just a short walk from my apartment. Lately on these visits, I've been smitten with the bees. My grandfather was a bee charmer with many hives, and I have fond memories of gathering honey with him. No, I never have been able to charm a bee.




There's also what we call the Bob Garden. It's a low area behind a mall and next to some expensive housing. There's a pond full of catfish and ducks. Well, a goose or two also. I loathe geese. Well, except when they're in the oven.

The real name is the Greensboro Bog Garden. I don't know when Lily and Josh ever figured out that the name was not Bob, and Josh claims to know the correct name, but neither have fessed up to when their enlightenment finally came. Probably when they finally read the sign.

No comments: