About me

Sunday, September 26, 2010

NC Pride 2010

Yes, Pride is a deadly sin under at least one rubric, but I don't much mess with that rubric anymore.

So there we were in Durham.  Bro had me over there at 8 AM so he could work at Food Lion's table.  Yes, Food Lion, a North Carolina company, is a sponsor of NC Pride.  OK, so some Belgium bought controlling interest in Food Lion way back, but it'll remain a Salisbury company for a very long time around here.

This meant that I had about five hours of knock-around time yesterday before the parade, some of which I spent with the Mad Hatter Bakery and a large cup of coffee, all the while ignoring the guy next to me with his huge and well-worn Bible.  All he received was the early morning pleasantry, as I doubt he was there to celebrate being different.

As the parade prepared to blast off, some of Bro's Dykes on Bykes (and a few trucks) friends found us.  We sat in the shad with them.  You'll see one's bohuncus prominently displayed in parts of this vid.  Yes, she kept walking out in front.


No comments: