About me

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sweet potato pudding

First, my grandmother made the best that ever was and ever will be. That you didn't get any should be enough to send you over the edge.

Here is my version. It bears no resemblance to hers because I see no reason to spoil that memory.

Besides, without Papa, who will grate all this jumbo taters? Not me, that's for sure.

Splash some olive oil in the iron pot and dump in some baked sweet taters



Chop them well, skin and all, and add some eggs. (We both know the vitamins are in the skin.)



Stir this well.

Then find the coconut. Notice that I'm not about to ruin a perfectly good manicure by grating coconuts.



And some apple sauce.



And some raisins.



Dump as much as you want of each into the pot.


Stir this very well.

I did not consider the batter sweet enough, and I added honey.



Yes, brown sugar and marshmallows would work well here, but I don't want candy. Besides, I also do not want to have that discussion with the internist, the one that keeps talking about how sweet I'm becoming in my old age.

At some point, find the pecans.



Spread them all over the top.



Yes, walnuts also work. I just prefer pecans.

Bake the whole mess at about 350 until it's done. Your nose will tell you when that is.

2 comments:

F.A. Pollard said...

Honey, I'm grabbin a spoon and I'm on my way over! Following my nose . . . the smell is divine!
*Hugs*

Jim Penny said...

Come a'runnin'. It'll likely be ready between 7:30 and 8:00.