About me

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Raleigh and the ignorant

So I had a delightful Saturday evening downtown with Rent.



As I walked to my car, I stopped to cross Fayetteville St., a drag queen by my side. A policewoman asked if we had seen the show, and we had a delightful chat as we waited for the traffic. The policewoman then stopped traffic long enough for the heels to make it across the street.



I reached the car thinking how nice it was to live in an area like this.

My walk at 4:30 this afternoon took me past the arb where I saw a bumper sticker.



NOM.

A very few blocks downtown were safe. The arb was not this afternoon. I found myself wishing I had a gentleman to accompany me into the arb where we could hold hands in front of the owners of that Chevy, watching the tension grow.

But not today. Their little world and littler minds are safe for another day.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: