About me

Sunday, June 13, 2010

He's dead, Jim

I live in a building with 11 floors of dormitory-style apartments. We have a rich international cross-section represented here, most of whom attend one of the local schools.

We also have bugs.



I found this beast belly up near the laundry room as I laundrificated at 4 a.m. I've seen bigger, but not here.

Although the conditions provided by the residents make the building prime territory for roaches, the building owners go out of their way to render the building a hostile environment.

Of course, the pendulum swings. Last month, I had a veritable explosion of the beasts. I attribute that the exterminators doing their job, floor by floor, pushing the roaches higher each day until I wondered if I should shoot something for SyFy.

The roach motels, however, did their job, reducing the population substantially, though not completely. I'm not sure that I'd want to live here if the bugs were unable to survive.

Think that through the next time you're buying produce without a single bug munch evident. Are you sure you want to eat something the bugs were unwilling to eat?

This leaves me to wonder what other kinds of beasts lurk in those walls. I probably don't want to know, at least not until I move.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: