About me

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Making chilli out of season

I know, I know, but it's been a hard last three weeks here, and I need some comfort food. So turn down the AC and get with the program.

Splash olive oil into the iron pot, turn up the heat,



and find the burger.


Notice the lack of red tag. Not to worry. My MVP card carried a red e-tag from the day before's text message. Think 20% off.

Put the burger in the pot, and break it up for browning.



Now find the maters and beans.



Just like Mama used to open.



At some point, the burger is brown.



And it's time to add the maters and beans.



Stir it well. Remember to rinse the cans into the pot.



Let it simmer a few days, and you'r ready to eat. Salt, pepper, and Texas Pete to taste.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

2 comments:

The Crow said...

That chili looks mighty fine, Jim. Did you make some cornbread to go with it?

Jim Penny said...

No cornbread, not this time, but I did boil up some pasta shells. That probably doesn't count, but it seems to be what the city folk here do.