About me

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Dining in Brussels: The First Night

I rarely step out with the groups whose work fills my day. There are several reasons for that, not the least of which is my avoidance of bring on for several more hours. Besides, the peeps back home generally have questions they want answered sooner than later.

Tonight, it's dins in the hotel.

With a flower.



And the President's butter with the bread.



We also have an abomination beside the butter.



I chose the three course special. Think something with fish.



Here's the start. No, I have no idea.


It was small and good, served with a carrot whisker on a slice of cuke.

The next course involved scallops, maybe, though I think we were still in the first course.



And don't let me forget the beer.



I don't think the waiter was pleased by my selection of beer over red wine.

Here comes the sea bass for the main course. Those veggies are a wok mix.



That white bubbly stuff is a wasabi infusion, very creamy, and nothing like what I expected. Certainly not green, and certainly not poised to rip off the top of my head.

The portion size left me wondering what would happen if we took these peeps to the Sanitary Fish Market for the Captain's Platter. I suspect medical attention would quickly be necessary.

http://www.sanitaryfishmarket.com/

I wonder if one can order in French in Morehead.

With all that said, it's hard to fault a meal where dessert is the largest course.



And the best.

I could live a very long time off the fat of the land, and if I lived here, I might have to make good on that threat. That, or cook for myself.

Do you suppose they have peanut butter at the grocery store?

Location:Rue du Fossé aux Loups,Brussels,Belgium

No comments: