About me

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Volunteer Pansies

You've seen pics of the flower beds sprinkled around my world. However, toward the end of today's walk for coffee, I noticed this volunteer pansy.



It's nestled between the weeds we call grass and the sidewalk. It likely sprouted from the pansy seeds left a few seasons back.

I doubt few ever notice the color it brings to our world. Most of the people passing that spot are in a big hurry to meet the bus. Or they're returning from a long day at school, now with important matters of adult life on their minds.

Sadness.

I find an interesting, at least to me, metaphour in this plant's ignored existence. It offered everything offered by the bedding plants except magnitude and ostentation.

Except the need for human intervention to exist and survive.

My mother would value this plant.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: