About me

Sunday, April 11, 2010

A tomato sandwich for breakfast

I have recently had the most lustfull feelings for a tomato sandwich, and with tomatoes out of season here, it could be months before I had one.

So I bought a Mexican greenhouse mater, or as we might say, matus.



Let's hope it tastes half as good as it looks. Think of it as practicing my Spanish.

Find the mayo



I need to warn Duke's that Food Lion is giving them a run for their money in the mayo department.

Find the bread



Double fiber to preclude the ribaldry of two summers ago. Omega-3 to keep the doc quiet.

Slice the matus on the green Melmac plate.



Put just a little mayo on two slices of bread.



Notice m'mama's old family heirloom under the bread.

Add the slice of matus. Notice I felt a hunger paign, and I decided to double dip.




Salt and pepper to taste if you must. I will not.

Put the lid on and chow down!

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: