About me

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Teabonics: The most ridiculous - and mispelled - tea party protest signs

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/galleries/teabonics_the_flawed_language_of_protest/teabonics_the_flawed_language_of_protest.html


We all make mistakes with the language. However, put Tea Party friends appear to make a few more than we might otherwise expect. Sometimes, I feel like I'm in a non-English speaking country reading the English signs. At least there, such is expected.

Jeff Foxworthy would be so proud.




Even of this fellow knew he had to lie down to get laid, I suspect we'd still see this sign.

Now tell me, how many other presidents have had to show their birth certificates? More to the point, most were international travelors long before the election.

The sign's creator probably never applied for a passport.




Well, we always knew that Spanglish would be the first sign of the end. Where's Olive Oil when we need her?




Let us and tomato while we're at it.




Silent Bs need love too. And plumbers.




Fanged boarders ate all the soup. When will we ever learn?



I make it a point to never use contractions when speaking to ESL people.




I might have agreed at one time, but I'd still avoid underlining my booboos.




Note the use of the present tense. At this rate, it'll soon be their-country, not that they'll want it after we're done.





Sigh...see the link for many more. And some people say we spend enough on education. Good grief!

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: