About me

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Qatari diplomat in custody after attempting to 'light up' his shoes.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/screen?id=10315314



The Buzz: Federal air marshals subdued a man who authorities say attempted to "light his shoes on fire" on a United flight from Washington Reagan to Denver Wednesday night, federal law enforcement officials told ABC News. Authorities say an explosive team is on the way to the airport, and that while the presence of explosives has not yet been confirmed, they believe it was an attempted "shoe bomb." The suspect was identified by authorities as a diplomat in the Qatar embassy in Washington, Mohammed al Modadi. The FBI said the man had full diplomat immunity as the 3rd secretary and vice-consul.


Can someone explain just what it is about shoes and bomber wannabes? I'm just grateful it wasn't my plane today. I'm not sure I could handle such a delay right now. More likely, I'd feel like having a brief word with the idiot.

Meanwhile, a part of me wonders if this is just a cross-cultural missinderstanding. I once trained with a group of men from that corner of the world, and I can report that they brought to the training hall a foot odor that would be found cruel and unusual under most other situations.

Dang, did I hate front kicks to the face night!

In retrospect, I believe that foot odor was flammable. If I'm correct, this case might be closed.

Location:Que St NW,Washington,United States

No comments: