About me

Friday, April 9, 2010

How to boil eggs

With the recent infusion of roadkill pita bread, it seems reasonable to boil some eggs.

So...we need to find the eggs.

There we go.



Put all 18 in the iron pot. Cover with water.



Add salt. About a table spoon or so. The salt will increase the temperature of the boiling water. Take that, cooties!



And olive oil. The olive oil seems to make peeling the eggs easier. True or not? I have no idea. It's just what I've noticed. I suspect lard would have the same effect, if there's an effect there in the first place.



Put on the lid and bring the water to a rolling boil.



Let the boiling continue a few minutes with the lid on. Turn off the burner.



And let it all set while you go work on something else less exciting.

Yes, I know the edges of the yolks will likely become green. This coloration is not a bother to me. On the other hand, salmonella poisening is something I prefer to avoid.

At some point, you'll come up for air again. Move the eggs to a container.



Those spots are the result of using an iron pot. I do not plan to eat the shells so those spots do not bother me.

Let the eggs sit open for a while to permit the water to evaporate. At some point, cover and place them on the fridge.

The eggs will keep better if you leave them in the shell.

Pour the pot of salt water with olive oil down the drain. Try not to burn your fingers.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: