About me

Saturday, March 27, 2010

US Census 2010 and Confederate Southern Americans

Persons of Southern Confederate ancestry? Oh dear, I have already returned my census form all pinked and queered. To think I could have southernized it as well.

I think my eyes just rolled though the stratosphere.

Confederate nationality? Well, the Confederacy did make it some four years. It's gone now, and we're better off for it. I'm not suggesting that we forget our very ugly past, but let's not perseverate on it either. We should remember, look forward, and move on.

1 comment:

VeggieAmanda said...

Give me a break! I imagine that they feel discriminated against only when the flaunt the rebel flag and make racist comments- they should be chastised then. It is one thing to be proud to be from the South. That is cool. Celebrating a time when a whole people was enslaved and not free, that is not cool. What a load of crap!