About me

Monday, March 8, 2010

Soup for the sick

A sinus infection has left me feeling severly hungover without any of the pleasant memories. Some tater soup would be good, but there are no taters in the house because I've been gone for the last week.

Some noodles might have been good, but a wave of nausea as I reached for the cabinet door told me I needed sick soup.

You might require this healing recipe one day, and I'm posting it here to save your life.

The way I feel, this could be my last act on earth.

Put some water in the pot.



And bring it to a boil.



Find the chicken boullion


Get a large spoon heaping with the chicken flavoring.



Stir it into the water.



Find the corn meal.



When the flavoring is all dissolved, add a huge pinch of corn meal to the pot.


Stir it well and let it simmer a bit. Turn off the heat, and let it sit a while. You want to hydrate the corn meal.

You also want to mash out the lumps with a spoon. You will not be able to get all the lumps. Think of them as dumplings.




If you feel as bad as I do, you'll probably eat from the pot. I did find the energy to get a plastic bowl. It was in the drainer from last week when I washed the dishes before going to the airport.



Yes, I added a bit of black pepper. I might as well die with a happy tongue.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: