About me

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ricky Martin: I'm Gay

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/29/ricky-martin-comes-out-im_n_517625.html



The Buzz: Ricky Martin came out on his website Tuesday.
The singer, whose sexuality was the source of much speculation in his "Vida Loca" heyday, posted a long statement that ended with, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am."


Here 24 hours later, I'm pretty sure no one was surprised by this announcement. I know for a fact that he's a happier and more productive man now that he no longer needs to expend so much energy hiding what he thought no one knew but what probably most of us knew.

Folks in the closet generally are the last to figure this out, and I'm speaking from my own experience here.

We see this quite clearly in Martin's own words: "The word "happiness" takes on a new meaning for me as of today. It has been a very intense process. Every word that I write in this letter is born out of love, acceptance, detachment and real contentment. Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution."

As was written over the portal of the temple at Delphi: To thine own self be true.

That truth will set you free.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: