About me

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Making chickpea salad

Tum is sad, and some chickpea salad might sit well, and a trip to Food Lion set the events into motion.

A pound of dried chickpeas is boiling in the pot. I almost bought canned peas, but I decided I wanted to rehydrate and cook my own.

We also have veggies to add.



First, we chopped a lot of curly parsley, and put it in the containers.


Then the red bell pepper.



Followed by a green one.



It has only been in the last five years that I could eat bell peppers without burping them for the next week.

Some Roma maters with the innards removed.



And a red onion.



Pronounced awn-yawn.

It all goes in the containers.



With a very large splash of balsamic vinegar.



With an equally large splash of olive oil.



Put the lid on the container, shake vigorously, and set it all aside while the chickpeas cook.

The vinegar will help prevent the veggies from oxidizing and turning unappealing colors.

The peas needed a few hours to cook, but they finally made it. Think about three hours.

I split the between the two containers, shook both hard, and stuck them both in the fridge where they'll sit overnight while the flavors marry.



While this was happening, I also mopped the floor. Barefooted. But not pregnant. Hay, there's only so much I can manage.




Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

1 comment:

VeggieAmanda said...

Yummy! Sounds like a winning dish. I like how your olive oil was extra virgin.