About me

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Some kind of chickpea salad

Last night, I put a pound of dried chickpeas in the iron pot, covered the peas in water, brought the water to a boil, turned off the stove, and let the peas rehydrate.

This morning, I boiled the peas until they were done. They needed about two hours at a gently roll.

After they were done, I split them between two containers.



I do not have a large mixing bowl, and I'm not sure where I'd put it if I had it. The plastic storage bowls do just fine.

I chopped a large green bell pepper, and split it between the containers



Then I did the same thing with a modest onion.



A little raw onion goes a long way for me.

Remember to put the pepper and the onion into the containers with the peas.



Splash in some some oil.



Extra virgin, just like me.

Next, I split a can of black olives between the containers. I drained the can in the sink. (It's just salty black water.)

I also snitched an olive.



I split a jar of chopped Spanish olives between the containers.

Yes, I drained this jar into the containers. The vinegar is quite tasty.



Everything is in the containers, and it's time to stir little.



I decided that the containers needed a little more olive oil so I splashed in more.

Then it became apparent that the salad needed a little more vinegar. Balsamic vinegar would be better, but I don't have any.

Apple cider will have to do.



All stirred.



Put on the covers. Put the containers in the fridge. Wait impatiently until this evening.

No fair sneaking tastes along the way.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: