About me

Friday, January 1, 2010

Fox, Time Warner Cable reach agreement

http://money.cnn.com/2010/01/01/news/companies/time_warner_cable_fox_kerry/index.htm

CNN reports: "Fox Networks and Time Warner Cable announced an agreement Friday that will avert the disruption of Fox network programming to Time Warner Cable's 13 million subscribers."

This is really bumming me out. I was hoping that Fox would dissappear from my cable lineup.

Logo in various forms would make far better replacements.

And then I find out that Fox News was not in the list of possible channels to lose.

See: "News Corp. had wanted to charge Time Warner Cable (TWC) $1 per subscriber for airing its broadcast station, Fox. The contracts for six Fox cable channels -- FX, Speed, Fuel TV, Fox Reality, Fox Soccer and Fox Sports en EspaƱol -- as well as certain regional sports networks were also slated to expire. Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network were not affected."

Fox Soccer? In peril? That would certainly motivate emmigration.

It was the freakin' Glenn Beck crap I was hoping to lose.


Location:Western Blvd,Raleigh,United States

No comments: