About me

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Desperate Somalis seek 'back-door' route to US

http://abcnews.go.com/m/screen?id=9464824


And here we go. Somalia appears to have no central government, just roving gangs and tribes making and enforcing something only distantly akin to law.

The fellow in the picture took what's called the backdoor route to reach the United States. He has been about everywhere on his way to the border at San Diego where he petitioned for asylum.

His request for asylum was granted. (Sometimes we do something right.)

The refugee program was dropped last year because there were fears that fraud might occur.

Apparently, not many people remember what is written on the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."




Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: