About me

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What you want on Southwest Air

Here's what you want when you're flying on Southwest.



You want an A on your boarding pass with a number under 30, though you can live with a higher number if you must.

Here's how you get that A.

One way is to sit at your computer and repeatedly click check-in at 24 hours before takeoff. That is rarely a reasonable thing for me to do.

Another way is to show up with a limp or a cane or a wheel chair. I don't do that because I like being able to look in the mirror.

A third way is to purchase Business Select. Few, if any of my clients, will reimburse those extravagant $400 tickets.

My way is to pay for Early Bird check-in. That's an extra $20 for each trip, and I pay for it personally. When I explained this to the powers-that-be, they looked at me as though I were speaking Klingon.

What's wrong with taking what you get? Well, let me tell you, it's not about the location of the seat.

I head to the back row with the best of the Jerry Springer crowd.



The important thing is to have somewhere to put my stuff that is NOT under the seat in front of me where my feet should go.

There. I've said it. I have long legs and big feet.


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Cary,United States

No comments: