About me

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

TSA SOP manual on the Internet

"Secret airport screening practices revealed in manual posted online" on Fluent News. Here is the link: http://fluentnews.com/s/21880325

A redacted copy of the TSA standard operating procedure manual found its way to the net as part of a purchase effort. Find a residual copy, and you can have your way with airport security. If you hold one of 12 types of passports, you'll learn why you're always selected for a little up close and personal attention.

All this circa May 2008. There have been 6 editions since then. Count 'em, s-i-x. All in about 18 months! That's a rapidly changing field if ever I saw one.

Is there any wonder why something that flies at one airport is deemed a risk to national security on another? They're using different procedures.

I still say that TSA does little more that hinder flow through the airports while raising the price of air travel. Bear in mind, I do not hold the agents responsible for this mess. I hold the people who decide what the agents do responsible.

Here's an example of where they go out of their way to irritate me. You're flying Southwest. You're in line waiting to board. Remember that Southwest treats us like cattle when boarding.

Here comes a flock of TSA agents looking for some way to make your life a living hell. If you're very lucky, they'll just want to peek in your carry-on. I suppose they're looking for interesting undies.

Just as likely, they'll drag your sorry bohuncus out of line for some special attention. You'll receive that attention until you're about the last person to board. Thanks to government dellusions of security, you get to sit in the middle seat in the last row instead of the aisle seat of your choosing.

Been there. Done that. I assume they have me on a list of some sort. I keep waiting for the red laser dot on my chest.

-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: