About me

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ted Haggard tweets!

That's right. Our own Ted Haggard appears to be on Twitter.

Here's his latest tweet in the firm of a retweet from Tweetie.

"Honored to be asked to serve as an Overseer for a local church again. ONLY Jesus is Lord! (via @tedhaggard7)"

(Brief pause while everyone loads Ted's Twitterfeed.)

Overseer? Will he get to whip some field laborers in this position? Does he get a houseboy?

He probably already has the houseboy.

Careful here. The Twitter name is not authenticated, which means this could all be a ruse. Of course, I could think of others more interesting that Ted Haggard to impersonate on Twitter.

I believe we call that a Twitterjacking.

Of course, my name is not authenticated either.

For the time being, I have chosen to follow Ted. At some point, I'll rue that decision and cut him off. Mostly, he appears to tweet a lot of vapid quotations.

Example #1: "Laugh often" (Russert). (via @tedhaggard7)

Example #2: "I am the Alpha and the Omega - the beginning and the end, says the Lord God . . . the Almighty One" (Rev. 1:8). (via @tedhaggard7)

I can tell you're all a'flutter now. Take a minute, run over, and click that follow button. 1753 others have!

I don't mind the occassional quotation, especially when we can show that someone thought through a current problem several decades, if not centuries, ago.

Ted also received a copy of Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol for Christmas. Like me, he found it a quick, and good, read.

I might need to rethink my taste in fiction.

Meanwhile, I look forward to his tweets of encouragement to the lawmakers of Uganda.



-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: