About me

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sitting in Jiffy Lube

I am about to be a lot poorer. This is the price I pay for living where little or no public transportation is available. The city gets to pay for my damage to the roads and environment.

To keep me coming back, Jiffy Lube gives me a coupon book each year. I use the coupons though I'm not sure they're all that effective at saving money.



The Jiffy Lube peeps are effective at pushing services. I manage that by coming in every 5,000 miles, not 3,000. Consumer Reports, as well as my own oil analysis, make it clear that 3,000 miles is far too early for most vehicles.

The big reason for coming in today is the oil change. They charge by the syllable. Check the name!




And the tires need rotating. Well, they already roll just fine. They just need to go on different corners to enhance the vibration of those slightly warped brake rotors.



And oh yes, the auto transmission is due.



The computer says I need to replace the cabin filter. Does it know about my farting?



However, my retired cruiser does not have a cabin filter. I guess you'll just have to roll down the window.

The fellow to go with those sneakers is not available, but he is a little nervous.



-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Western Blvd,Raleigh,United States

2 comments:

Diana said...

This is so weird. I went there this morning and got the same coupon book. We're like oil changing soul mates.

Jim Penny said...

Twin sisters of different moms. Was nervous cute boy at your Jiffy Lube also?