About me

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ohio executes inmate using single-drug method

Ohio executes inmate using single-drug method http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/08/ohio.execution/index.html?iphoneemail

First, let me say that Biros probably received better than he deserved. His crime was particularly heinous. Over 90 premortem wounds. Body parts strewn over a state or two. I think we can say this was one definitely bad guy.

Let me also say that, and I'm speaking as a father now, if the father of the murdered girl had gotten to Biros before he became a ward of the state, and that father mopped the streets with the sorry excuse for a human until there was nothing left but long red streaks on the pavement, this father would only applaud, likely offer to fetch some celebratory beer, and he would for danged sure not be voting guilty anytime soon.

That homicide would be perfectly justifiable, and I doubt many fathers out there would disagree with me.

My problem is state-sponsored murder. What one group would call due process, another group might call premeditation, and premeditated murder carries special penalties.

The problem grows when we have such tidy forms of execution. The prisoner just goes to sleep, and the horror of what we do is one more step removed. Will we export executions to another country one day to make it even easier?

And what happens when we're wrong? That happens, you know, and I, for one, am not ready to live with that yet.

-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: