About me

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Letters to Lily

Lil has a couple of letters headed her way. When I confirmed her address at school, she was a bit a'flutter. When I asked, she said she never received mail.

That made me sad.

Not so long ago, I used to write the both of them long letters while I was on planes. For whatever reason, I got out of the habit, likely because we have texting now.

The thing is that I know there's a certain excitement that comes with receiving a letter, especially one that is handwritten.

The thrill comes on several levels, especially for me. Simply seeing the letter. Holding the envelope. Reading the address. Tearing it open. Reading. Reading again. Savoring.

I need to get back into that habit.








-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: