About me

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Illinois To House Some Guantanamo Detainees

Waiting on an upload

Illinois To House Some Guantanamo Detainees HuffPost - http://bit.ly/808b59

This is not quite what I had in mind when I talked about closing Gitmo. Moving Gitmo to American soil, if Illinois counts, just doesn't meet the spirit of closing Gitmo.

It has been a long time since those men, and I'm assuming they're all men, were captured. Somewhere in American jurisprudence, there us the notion of a timely trial.

Waiting dang near a decade does not strike me as being in the least bit timely. Of course, the official excuse is that these people are enemy combatants.

Frankly, an excuse is all that is. An excuse.

Using this mediocre excuse reduces us to the level if those who would kill us, and if ever there were a time to take the high road, this is it.

Send those people home. First class. With a bucket of money.





Location:Perimeter Park Dr,Morrisville,United States

No comments: