About me

Monday, December 28, 2009

Gay marriage in Argentina is 1st in Latin


http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/12/28/international/i143302S10.DTL&tsp=1

Two men have married in Argentina. In Tierra del Fuego to be precise. Tierra del Fuego, of all places. I expected Buenos Aires to be first, but I'm certainly not complaining.

It appears that a few officials in Buenos Aires got a little confused about the right thing to do when the couple first sought marriage there.

Here's the best part. "An official representing the federal government's antidiscrimination agency attended the wedding. Claudio Morgado called Monday's marriage 'historic.'"

I knew I had a good feeling about the country when I worked there for a week a few years ago.

Wanna go back? The beef there is excellent, along with the people and politics, aparently.



-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: