About me

Friday, December 4, 2009

Eating with the peeps

First, let me say that if Da Man is paying, you won't hear me complaining, even if it's Taco Bell, though Baby Moon can test my resolve to be good.

Today, the company had it's usual end-of-year party. We ate a huge lunch at Maggiano's at Southpoint Mall. If you caught my review on Urbanspoon, you know that I have no objection to this restaurant. In fact, I tend to like it.

But first, we received flowers, if a poinsettia counts as a flower.



The plant is from the local property manager.

So it's off to eat.



I'm going in. In a bit, I find the room, the table, my chair, and the menu.



There's eggplant parmagiana on that menu. I'm good to go. Of course, there's going to be a slapfight over that plate when it arrives.



Tomato and mozzarella. I can, and have, made a meal off this. I won't today.





Add salad and bruschetta, and I'm about set. Any other day, and this would be about all I need for lunch.

But today, I dig further, finding comfort in the pasta.



What I can't show is the followup plate of eggplant parmagiana. It disappeared to quickly. Think the same thing about the deserts.

Note: Many referred to this event as the Christmas party. I will not. We have more religions represented than the one, and it seems a bit much to focus on the one. Perhaps winter solstice would work better, but I'm fine with end of year.


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

1 comment:

jk said...

I think it should be called a Winter Luncheon.

And it was quite lovely this year! I too really enjoyed the eggplant parmigiana.