About me

Friday, December 4, 2009

Dreams and wishes

Thirteen or fourteen years ago, the doods and I walked along and found a fountain.



Like this one, it was filled with coins. A pair of eyes lit up. I won't say which, but I believe that gleam would rival my own if I ever win the lottery.

A half second later, we had a climber. I nabbed said climber just as the hands were touching the water, and put the feet back in dry pavement.

Do you know how difficult it is to avoid gender identification in writing like this?

I explained to both doods that those coins were the hopes and dreams of all the people who had been here before us, and it would be wrong to take those hopes and dreams away.

There heads nodded slowly in agreement.

I offered them some change to add their own hopes and dreams to the pool. They both tossed several.



-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

No comments: