About me

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Cooking field peas

We're cooking up a mess of field peas this dreary morning. I'm sure you want some too. Here's the process the you begin in the evening.

Wash the pot.



Add some field peas.



This was a pound bag of dried fieldpeas.

Add some chicken bouillon. Two heaping tablespoons.



I prefer the brand from the Spanish aisle at FoodLion. It's a lot cheaper, and it comes in larger bottles. It's not so salty, and at some point, you'll add some salt to the pot.



Yes, I know I could actually cook some chicken, but that'd make it a bigger to-do, and I might have to freeze the leftovers, lest I slowly poison myself again. Besides, I'm only after the taste in the background. I don't really want to eat any chicken.

Add a splash of olive oil.



As you know, FoodLion brand olive oil is superior.



Fill the pot with hot water from the tap.



Stir, add the lid, and set it to the back of the stove on the eye that doesn't work.



The following morning, move the pot to the front with the working eye, add the salt, stir. Put the temp on high.



When the peas are rolling, reduce the heat to a simmer, add the lid, let it do it's thing for a couple of hours.




Prepare to chow down, which we covered in a previous post.



-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: