About me

Friday, December 11, 2009

Coming out later in life complex, not unusual

Coming out later in life complex, not unusual http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/12/11/coming.out.late.life/index.html?iphoneemail

Meredith has done what so many of us have done, though most of us do it without the attention of the media. Frankly, there's enough attention when we come out late, media or no, and a lot of it is unkind, depending on the other people involved.

I'm speaking for just myself now.

Not coming out and continuing to live that lie is quite hazardous. The litany of physical ailments is well-documented, and about what you'd expect from the accumulated stress of acting like what you're not for decades

There are few things I've done in my life that I'd rank more important than coming out. I could have done a better job of it, maybe, but that's hindsite speaking.

I'll just leave it at being glad I am where I finally am.


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Perimeter Park Dr,Morrisville,United States

1 comment:

susangabriel said...

Hi Jim Penny,

I came out later in life, too, and I even wrote a novel about it called Seeking Sara Summers.

In the novel, the main character get a "wake-up call" in the form of breast cancer that motivates her to choose a more authentic life.

I wish you the very best,
Susan Gabriel