About me

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bullying comes to light with social media

Bullying comes to light with social media http://bit.ly/59iSQt (via @cnn)

Well, here we go. I am occassionally involved in discussions regarding the merits of social media. Being me, I tend to be all in favor, especially with prudent usage.

I don't know that my Twitter feed and Facebook news feed are all that exciting, but they are what they are, and the people who are occassionally interested can figure out what's going on in my little corner of the world.

I'm thinking two people in particular.

Bear in mind that very little of all this mess takes the place of personal interactions, but this new stuff certainly permits a useful augmentation, especially in the face of distant relationships and hurried, if not harried, schedules.

Now, let's take it another step.

Click the link, read about a group of bullies bothering a girl and her BF, notice how the vid of the moment was posted, and check out the police intervention that occurred within 24 hours.

YouTube access by cell phone just paid for itself!


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard.

Location:Westgrove St,Raleigh,United States

No comments: