About me

Sunday, November 8, 2009

WalMart can give it away for my part

How Low Will They Go? Wal-Mart, Amazon, Target In DVD Price War HuffPost - http://bit.ly/3raxJK

WalMart can give the frickin' DVDs away for my part, and I still won't shop there. Frankly, I'll be glad when WalMart is a thing of our stingy, greedy, and short-sighted past.

On the one hand, I applaud using it's position to force efficiencies in vendor practices and delivery channels. For example, WalMart has reduced excess (and generally unnecessary) packaging with many products, which in turn reduces cost.

Let's give the devil his due on that one.

My problem with WalMart centers on personnel practices, especially the lack of health care benefit for the multitude of parttime workers, and we all know those PT workers are PT to avoid having to provide benefits.

WalMart could call Blue Cross tomorrow morning and negotiate a reasonably priced health benefit by noon. The only reason it doesn't is because it'd cost a nickle, and that would reduce the margin a bit.

Oh the horror!

So WalMart can sell those DVDs for as little as it wants. I'll buy mine from Amazon.



-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: