About me

Sunday, November 22, 2009

TSA saved us again

Count your Lucky Stars that TSA is on the clock.

My company gave away gift boxes at a recent conference. Apparently, current clients received a pound of ground coffee among other things. Such seems perfectly reasonable.

Well, one of my fave peeps takes his pound of coffee, packs it in his carry-on grip, and promptly has it confiscated by the TSA.

You just have to wonder about the management that writes the rules for TSA.

First, we all know that ground coffee is used to mask the odor of illicit drugs. Cool. That factoid should be important to those looking to nab the mules of this world.

Now, if you've been here before, you know my response is about whether or not TSA handled this suspicious substance with the care required for suspicious substances. We both know the answer there.

Whomp!

A TSA agent threw the bag of coffee into the trash, pure and simple. Be glad it's not something that explodes upon a whoomp.

Yes, I could just spit on the ground.

We live in a world of bad guys as was explained to me by TSA agent two years ago in CLT when I needed a fix of my drug of choice then, nicotine, all the while wondering about the US$3 bottle of water I held.

In this world, ground coffee, perfectly x-rayable, is something that can, apparently, threaten national security.

Yes, you should worry while I consider what my company should do.

Not to worry, I think I have this one figured out.


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: