About me

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Travelling manners

Acting like a jerk doesn't always pay http://www.cnn.com/2009/TRAVEL/10/29/traveler.behavior/index.html?iphoneemail

We've all met our limits on airplanes and in airports.

The folks at work still talk about the stuff I did to the fellow on the plane in front of me who reclined his seat suddenly, crashing the seat into my unsuspecting knee caps.

Think lots of popcorn in his combover.

What they don't know is the amount of bubblegum I applied to the suitcase of the fellow behind me when he shoved the grip con gusto into the back of my unsuspecting heels.

Think one whole huge pack. I just wished I had more.

The thing is that it rarely pays to act up when travelling. Here's anecdotal evidence for you.

I was in line in Miami to board a US Airways flight back to Raleigh, along with 8,000 girl scouts. The father of the scout in front of me was giving the gate agent grief because he was charging for a severely overweight bag.

Daddy lost that argument...loudly.

I stepped up to the podium, telling the agent that I hoped his day was about to get better as all I wanted to do was check in for my coach seat.

Yeah, I flew home in first class.

-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: