About me

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A touch of cultural conflict

Shocking Video Of Diners Eating A Deep Fried Fish -- While It's STILL ALIVE (GRAPHIC) HuffPost - http://bit.ly/3GhS3u

I recognize that every culture has it's on peculiar foods. Consider chitlins for starters.

And I this evening had a piece of very rare beef that my mother would have refused to put on the table.

My grandmother made catfish stew in a wash pot. My mother would not eat it because the heads were still on the catfish.

I have eaten Japanese beetles as a demonstration that I would. I do not recommend them.

However, this YouTube vid from China takes the cake. Chinese chefs have learned to fry a fish and keep it alive.

Yes, it's on the plate gasping for air while someone pokes at it with chopsticks.


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: