About me

Monday, November 9, 2009

Sadness in the air

Mesa faces trouble after United ends flying pact; 50-seat RJs now a liability? http://bit.ly/2VFORd (via @TodayInTheSky)

A part of me feels sad for Mesa. A very small, almost microscopic part.

I've been on hundreds of those 50-seat regional jets, and no, I cannot stand up straight in them. I left a half pound of my scalp in one directly before learning that I could not stand up.

Both knees have also been bruised in these planes when the person in front of me leaned the seat back suddenly, and the metal bar of the seat back pocket slide squarely under my knee caps.

And then there's the person next to me who needed most of my seat too, and I'm not all that small in the first place. Charlotte to Raleigh sitting at 45 degrees.

And the service cart that sliced my dress boots. Yeah, little piggie complained over that too.

It'll be a while before I mourn for this one.

-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: