About me

Monday, November 2, 2009

Perfection in a restaurant

You probably know how I feel about the blind pursuit if perfection. It's not going to get you very far, and it's probably only gonna serve to get in your way.

I'm sitting in the hotel restaurant. I ordered a tuna plate. I received a southwest chicken salad. Upon asking, the waitress showed me the order.

Cool. I knew she was holding the wrong paper, but I've been traveling all day, and besides, there's nothing wrong with the southwest chicken salad, aside from having had one in the airport for lunch.

So I ate the top. And the avocado. Then the waitress shows up all a'fluster.

She recognized her error. The fellow behind me discovered I was eating his dinner.

Discussion. Discussion. Discussion. All is good now.

Her colleague mentioned that she wants to be the perfect waitress.

It's rarely about how we fall. It's more often about how we get up.


-- Posted from a mobile device

No comments: