About me

Saturday, November 14, 2009

No paid sick leave?

'No Paid Sick Days? Swine Flu Goes to Work' on Fluent News. Here is the link: http://fluentnews.com/s/21158990

First, let me point out that I've never been without paid sick leave since I started work out of college, and that's a significantly good thing for me, something that separates me from the Ordinary Joe in the world.

I also have the ability to work from home when I feel ill. This means I can keep up with my professional responsibilities without sharing my cooties with the rest of the peeps.

That is a very good thing for me and everyone else.

Frankly, companies that do not provide paid sick leave should lose their incorporations and be dissolved. By not permitting people to stay home and get well without losing their livelihood, these draconian companies make it worse for the entire population.

Do you really want your waiter in the restaurant sneezing over your plate?


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

1 comment:

jk said...

My husband's work has an odd policy. They don't offer any sick days. However, if you come to work and your supervisor deems you too sick to work, you can be sent home with pay.

In other words - you get the sick days you need - usually - but only after you've infected the rest of the office.