About me

Thursday, November 26, 2009

I was maybe ten

I was maybe ten, driving the tractor across the Paul's Place, a spot of land, once owned by Paul Johnson, that mostly just held the world together at the time, and I handed my daddy the bottle of Yoohoo that I was drinking. It was then that I learned that he did not like chocolate.

I have held that mystery close through 45 years. He did not like chocolate.

In turn, I do not care for chocolate, though I do not dislike it either. More, I prefer other flavors, especially vanilla.

For the most part, I think chocolate overwhelms the better flavor, though I can get into the semisweet flavor.

BTW, my mother did not like the Paul's Place. She described it as a place in the world where one had to fight wild Indians to get there. Being half-Indian, I suppose she could say that.


-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: