About me

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I suppose it's the season.

FBI data shows increase in anti-gay, little decrease in racially-motivated, hate crimes. http://tinyurl.com/ylc8np2 (via @equalitync)

OK, did I miss the memo? I often do. You know, the memo about open season on queers.

Right up there with the rest of the large and small game.

In PR, the weapon of choice appears to be the machete. In some sections of the US, they use rope and a truck bumper.

So creative the ignorant bastards are.

Have you ever wondered what it is about gay people that is so scary?

I've generally held positions that rendered me the worst nightmare of some people. Math prof? Stat prof? Students had to get past me twice to graduate.

Psychometrician? I make those tests that determine whether or not you'll advance in your job.

Need we discuss being the chemistry and physics teacher?

But Queer? Now that's a real poser for me. I do not molest children. Frankly, I avoid what children I can. The two were quite sufficient, and I wouldn't want to deny you the pleasure.

I really don't seek to turn straight people gay. That's generally impossible, just as you can't go the otherway either. I suppose with some very extreme measures such as seen in POW camps, a straight fellow might be convinced to act gay, but I doubt the process could hold my attention that long.

I'd grow bored and leave you to the football while I returned to my needle point.

So here I sit befuddled again. Why would rainbow bling make a carload of black men hurl insults at me two summers ago as they drove by? Why does my cousin's snake handling church show up at the Pride parade, stand by the railroad tracks, and disturb the queer decorum with their very ugly?

I just don't get that my immortal soul means all that much to them.

Maybe I need another look in the mirror. Are the horns and tail finally sprouting?

-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

No comments: