About me

Saturday, November 7, 2009

I should stop reading the news

Somali Adulterer Stoned To Death, Pregnant Girlfriend Spared "Until She Gives Birth" HuffPost - http://bit.ly/3VqJOO

Good grief. And here I sat thinking the pirates were bad enough. This will teach me to check the BBC World News on an otherwise fine Saturday afternoon.

How many more examples do we need to see that religion has absolutely no place in government?

We only attend to the separation of church and state as it's convenient.

We are so headed down the same road as the Islamic states. We have conservative ministers encouraging the slaughter of gay people. We have televised evangilists wanting the president to die of cancer.

It's just a matter if time before we bring back stoning and stocks, which should do well to remind people of the mortal sin found in cheesburgers and blended fabric.

All the while they're collecting tax free money hand over fist. Yet, the money I contribute to fight this stupidity is taxed.

I really would like to see the IRS revoke, or at least seriously examine, the tax exempt status of those churches that work to influence the government.

Mormons, Baptists, and Catholics contributed millions in recent years to support hate-filled political initiatives, and they will continue until challenged.

What that has to do with saving souls, feeding the hungry, and healing the sick, I have no idea, and I'm pretty sure it's not covered in Biblical teachings.

Yes, I could just spit.



-- text tapped from a virtual keyboard. You found misspellings? Imagine that. Get over it.

1 comment:

The Crow said...

Move over, Jim. I'll join you in spitting.